Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
10655 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 12:57 PM by Dinz RSS 1 2 Previous Next
John Allman Newcomer 5 posts since
Jun 7, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 7, 2012 10:02 PM

Whence can I download 'mfendisk.sys'?

I was until recently a BT Net Protect Plus user, on what has now become a very poorly desktop PC.  BT encourages customers to download its branded version of McAfee safety product, rather than shipping disks with it on.

When repairing Windows XP from a copy of that OS on CD or DVD, in an attempt to cure the poorly PC, the process prompts for the location of mfendisk.sys.  Browse option starts up in a McAfee location, but it is an empty folder. There is no facility to search the entire hard drive.  I thought of downloading this missing component from the internet from my laptop, copying it to DVD, and taking browse to the DVD after putting the DVD into the desktop PC, but I couldn't find a copy of mfendisk.sys anywhere on the internet to download, hence this posting.  Experimnetally, I tried cancel, hoping that I'd at least get through the boot sequence to use my PC somewhat, without the missing component.

The XP repair install hangs after automatic reboot.  This may be due to the absence of mfendisk.sys complained of, or (I have reason to suspect) the absence of a correct nvenetfd.inf, or another, unknown reason altogether.

Whence can I download mfendisk.sys, please?

I cannot help wondering why the installation of a Microsoft operating system fails, for want of what the consensus online says is a proprietory McAfee component, and there a component of McAfee's software, not of the Microsoft OS one is trying to repair-install.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points