1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 3:19 AM by Nielsb

Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

Does anyone know how to create a query to determine the adoption rate of machines in your environment with an extra.DAT?

I have had success with tracking the adoption rate of the normal DAT using a boolean query type and setting the configuration criteria by using:

Property                                                      Comparison                                        Value

DAT Version (VirusScan Enterprise)    Is within X versions of repository          = 3

I cannot find a way to report on the extra.DAT, however. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

Can't access my EPO server now, but I have exactly that query (it's a dashboard).

Extra.dat name is available, and I basically have a summed table that rolls it up showing extra.dat name and number of clients with that extra.dat

If no-one else provides an answer, hopefully will have the details tomorrow.

• 2. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate
            Nielsb

My extra dat query:

extra dat deployment.PNG

Save as xml file and import the query:

<queries>

<query>

<name language="sv">VSE: Extra DAT Deployment</name>

<description language="sv">Displays the highest Extra DAT versions, and a slice for all the other versions.</description>

<property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>

<property name="tableURI">query:table?orion.table.columns=EPOComputerProperties.ComputerN ame%3AEPOComputerProperties.DomainName%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3AEPOComputerProperties. Description%3AEPOLeafNode.Tags%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.productversion%3AEPOP rodPropsView_VIRUSCAN.hotfix%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.servicepack%3AEPOProdPr opsView_VIRUSCAN.enginever%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.enginever64%3AEPOProdProp sView_VIRUSCAN.datver%3AEPOLeafNode.LastUpdate&amp;orion.table.order.by=EPOCompu terProperties.ComputerName%3AEPOComputerProperties.DomainName%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3 AEPOComputerProperties.Description%3AEPOLeafNode.Tags%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCA N.productversion%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.hotfix%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN. servicepack%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.enginever%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.en ginever64%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.datver%3AEPOLeafNode.LastUpdate&amp;orion. table.order=az</property>

<property name="conditionURI">query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=%28+where+%28+version_ ge+EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.productversion+%228%22+%29+%29</property>

<property name="summaryURI">query:summary?pie.slice.title=EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.datve r&amp;pie.count.title=EPOLeafNode&amp;orion.query.type=pie.pie&amp;orion.sum.que ry=true&amp;show.percentage=false&amp;orion.sum.group.by=EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSC AN.extradatnames&amp;orion.sum.order=desc&amp;orion.sum.limit.count=360&amp;orio n.show.other=true&amp;orion.sum.aggregation=count&amp;orion.sum.aggregation.show Total=true</property>

</query>

</queries>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

Something I fogot to mention earler is that this is for ePO 4.6 patch 1.

I am not having success with that query in this environment, but it does appear to work in ePO 4.5 patch 3. I looks like the value for Extra.DAT was removed between those versions.

ePO 4.5 VSE Properties:

ePO_4.5.JPG

ePO 4.6 VSE Properties:

ePO_4.6.1.JPG

If I can see the information the in VSE console, I should be able to report on it. C'mon McAfee!

Message was edited by: waynediesel on 6/7/12 10:32:50 AM CDT
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

All -

After some more digging around, I was able to find the solution to this.

Under Menu -> Software -> Extensions -> I had to remove the "VirusScan Enterprise Reports" package. I then went to my product download page and re-downloaded the VSE 8.8 patch 1 repost that contained an updated version of "VirusScan Enterprise Reports". This allowed me to report on the extra.DAT in ePO 4.6.1 finally.

With that updated reports extension, I was successfully able to run the query listed above by Nielsb.

• 5. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

My extra.dat query:

- <queries>

- <query>

<name language="en">Extra Dat Deployment</name>

<description language="en" />

<property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>

<property name="tableURI">query:table?orion.table.columns=EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate%3AEPOLeafNode.NodeName%3A EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.extradatnames&orion.table.order.by=EPOLeafNode.LastUpd ate%3AEPOLeafNode.NodeName%3AEPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.extradatnames&orion.table .order=az</property>

<property name="conditionURI">query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=</property>

<property name="summaryURI">query:summary?orion.sum.query=true&orion.query.type=summary.topn&orion.sum.group .by=EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.extradatnames&orion.sum.order=desc&orion.sum.aggre gation=count&orion.sum.aggregation.showTotal=true</property>

</query>

</queries>

EXTRA.jpg

• 6. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate
                    dnf

Hi all,

¿does somebody know what´s the difference between the N/A and a "blank space" when reporting the superdat version?

Thanks

• 7. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate

Different point products.

VSE will generally show N/A, but in my environment LinuxShield shows Blank. Also clients that only have the agent and no VSE show blank too.

• 8. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate
                        Hemant Koli

Hello Nielsb,

I tried copying & save ti as xml & then tried to import, but i got error as "An unexpected error ocured"

• 9. Re: Query for Extra.DAT Adoption Rate
                          Hemant Koli

Hello Waynediesel.

I tried the same thing & it helped me too...........

Thanks.....

1 2 Previous Next