5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 3:55 PM by SafeBoot

endpoint encryption

I had a laptop 4530s, and he come with hp protected tools. One of them is drive encryption with mcaffe endpoint encryption. Now i couldn´t start my pc because i got an error EE050014 "File acess error". What could i do to solve this problem?

MV

• 1. Re: endpoint encryption
          Hayton

Moved from Consumer Help section to Encryption : EEM Managed in the Business section for attention.

• 2. Re: endpoint encryption
            hdkothari

Hi this is because Safeboot/McAfee Encryption should not be installed on a laptop which has similar tools which works on the sector of the hard disk. HP Protected tools should be one of them. Please follow the below mention procedure in order to recover the data.

Hi,

First take a ghost(Clone) image of the hard disk. Once the ghost(Clone) image has been taken, do any one of the below mention activity on the clone hard disk

First Option :

1. Boot the machine with Wintec CD as well also plugin USD hard disk (for data backup)

2. Authorise and Authenticate using safetec code and Database file

3. Mount encrypted hard disk

4. Browse drive and get your data backup on USB hard disk

if this option doesn't work, try second option

Second Option :

1. Boot the machine with Wintec CD as well also plugin USD hard disk (for data backup)

2. Authorise and Authenticate using safetec code and Database file

3. Get the Disk Information for both the drives.

4. Use force decryption option for both the drive one by one.

5. Provide Start as well as End Sector in the dialog box for both the drive one by one

6. Click on Force Decrypt.

In case if you don't see your data after force fully decrypting the partiton/hard disk. Try using File Scavenger tool for scanning the hard disk for the data and get it backup on a usb hard disk.

Once the data is recovered...remove HP Protection tool from the base OS. Check HDD for Bad Sectors and then install the Safeboot/McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Pc.

Do let me know in case of any queries or further information required.

Regards,

Hardik Kothari

Message was edited by: hdkothari on 6/4/12 2:08:19 AM CDT
            • 4. Re: endpoint encryption

Thanks for your reply. Where can i get de wintec CD tool?

• 5. Re: endpoint encryption

From the mcafee site if you have a corporate purchase of eepc. If not you'll need to get HPs version from them. You can only get the McAfee one if you are a McAfee customer.