4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 7:18 AM by Sailendra Pamidi

Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6

tonyharding

Hi

I try to either run a task to purge the Audit Log or go into the audit log screen and select purge. It sits there for like 20-30 minutes and it doesnt matter what period I select to purge eg 1 month or 6 months. It always fails. There are no other clues to tell me why that i can see.

Im running EPO 4.6. Can anyone helps as my database is now over 22gb and growing. I just would like to clear the audit log down.

many thanks

Tony

• 1. Re: Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6
          Laszlo G

You're maybe having some problem with the purge task because of some inconsistency or something similar.

What you can try is to delete some events through OSQL commands and see if it works:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51873

• 2. Re: Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6
            Sailendra Pamidi

Please post the Orion*.log file(s) as an attachment soon after attempting to reproduce the issue. Are you able to purge any other logs apart form the Audit Log?

• 3. Re: Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6
              tonyharding

hi after running the purge option the last entries within the orion.log are as follows.....

2012-06-06 11:07:53,033 ERROR [pool-7-thread-1] daemon.AvertService  - Exception while executing the AvertAlerts command

com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:0

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1025)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:761)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:750)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:626)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:600)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:778)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:786)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.daemon.AvertService$AvertDaemon.run(AvertService.jav a:138)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:205)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:0

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.sendSoapRequest(AvertAlert sClient.java:102)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReport(AvertAlertsClien t.java:135)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReportByName(AvertAlert sClient.java:202)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.command.AvertWebService.invoke(AvertWebService.java: 93)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:988)

... 16 more

many thanks

Tony

• 4. Re: Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6
                Sailendra Pamidi

I am afraid those messages are not relevant. Please attach the orion*.logs after attempting to reproduce the issue.