1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 11:10 AM by jesterar

McAfee Move SVA NOT showing up within ePO console

Hi,

I have followed the following 2 guides complete the Move 2.5 and ePO 4.6.2 installation and configuration.

epo_460_install_guide_en-us.pdf

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus 2.5 Product Guide.pdf

On Page 73 of the MOVE 2.5 Product Guide, it says the following:

##############################################################################

Apply a policy

You must apply a policy for it to take effect. McAfee MOVE AV Agentless policies differ from traditional

ePolicy Orchestrator policies because they are applied to the SVA instead of the system on which the

policy is enforced.

Task

For option definitions, click ? in the interface.

1 From the ePolicy Orchestrator console, click Menu | Systems | System Tree.

2 Select the group containing the SVA.

3 Click Assigned Policies.

4 In the Product drop-down list, select MOVE AV Agentless 2.5.0.

5 In the Actions column of the currently applied policy, select Edit Assignment.

6 In the Policy Assignments page, change these settings:

• Inherit from — Select Break inheritance and assign the policy and settings below option.

• Assigned Policy — Select the policy that you created earlier from the Assign Policy drop-down list.

7 Click Save.

################################################################################

My question is, after SVA is installed and configured, should the SVA host or IP appear under "SYSTEM TREE" or "MY ORGANIZATION" or any other place?

Is there any additional step I need to perform to add the SVA VM within ePO console before I can apply the SVA and SCAN policies?

My MOVE SVA  does not join any domain right now.  Should I push McAfee Agent to the SVA VM after adding it by using its IP?

FYI, I have the following screenshots:

move SVA issue1.jpg

move SVA issue2.jpg

move SVA issue3.jpg

Your hints and suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks,

Wei

1 2 3 Previous Next