5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 2:49 PM by Peacekeeper

Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses

Bonjour

Mon compte yahoo envoie des messages à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresse...J'ai fait plusieurs analyses de recherche de virus et autres avec Mc Afee, dont le dernier apres  un démarrage sans échec (avec network).  Aucun problème trouvé par Mc Afee.

Qu'est ce que je peux faire d'autre?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide!

• 1. Re: Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses
          Peacekeeper

Google translation

Hello

My yahoo account is sending messages to my entire address book ... I did several tests for viruses with McAfee and others, the last after a Safe Boot (with network). No problems found by McAfee.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Try changing your password. Also change your security questions. Maybe make random answers to them. Also check to make sure you don't have another email that is associated with your account. (that they did so then can get your new password with). This was a suggestion I found in another forum. he deleted his entire yahoo email list and left it blank for 3 mths. Formating his PC did not work either.

I had the same problem but on my hotmail account. I checked the email options and found that the Automatic Reply (or vacation reply) had been modified with the incriminated message!

I've modified each contact's email (by adding an "x" in the address) which makes the contact bogus. No, it won't stop the virus but it should stop the virus from sending embarassing emails to your contacts.

Yahoo has some options that make it easy for a hacker to easily regain access. The first think to check is make sure that all your emails are not being forwarded - what's the use of changing your passwords if the get forwarded to the hacker also? The second is to check the emails listed on the account to make sure there aren't any extra ones with permission to do so.

In other words, when you regain access to your account (if you've lost it) check every single option carefully.

Above some suggestions i gained from a forum at yahoo. try them and...

Make sure all windows, adobe and java software are up to date.

Also run Stinger and malwarebytes (free version only as paid version will clash with Mcafee) and see what they say.

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

• 2. Re: Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses

bonjour Tony

merci de votre réponse

Je n'ai pas d'option   "réponse automatique" sur mon yahoo.  J'ai changé mon mot de passe de yahoo, malgré que je ne crois pas que cela serve à quelque chose, car (je crois ) les virus et autres malwares ne se signent  pas -.

Mais du  courrier a continué a sortir de mon compte, a moninsu.

J'ai finalement détruit mon carnet d'adresses Yahoo !!!

Et tout cela malgré que je suis protège par mc afee InternetSecurity. !!!!  

J'aimerais  trouver ce virus pour pouvoir créer à nouveau mon carnet d'adresses sur Yahoo sans risques

Salutations.

• 3. Re: Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses
              Peacekeeper

There are heaps of posts re this on the net most imply that yahoo was hacked and the password compromised.

Ok this also can be via a virus on your pc just most said nothing was found.

Seems as I suggested adding an x to the addresses stops your mates getting the mails and you know it is still there. Try the suggested scanners and maybe use hijack this mentioned in the link above as well to see if they see anything as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses

Merci de vos suggestions

J'ai donc changé le mot de passe et détruit mon carnet d'adresses yahoo. Pour l'instant l'envoi des spams à partir de mon compte c'est arrêté. J'espère que pour tojours !

Cordialement

Lajol

• 5. Re: Des mails sont envoyés de mon compte yahoo à l'ensemble de mon carnet d'adresses
                  Peacekeeper

OK good luck the issue appears to be prevalent at least google hits are numerous.