2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 1:40 PM by sports_is

Internal HTTPS Site Issues w/ MWG7

I'm attempting to test a MWG7 install via system wide proxy to the WG on port 9090.  I can access everything except (edit) the install web interface for MWG7.  With the SSL Scanner enabled, I receive a MWG page saying "The proxy could not connect to the destination in time" - Block.ID: 0.  The rule at the bottom of the page says Rules.CurrentRule.Name: Antimalware.Scanned (Gateway Anti-Malware).

If I disable the Gateway Anti-Malware, I get the same issue with the rule at the bottom now reads Rules.CurrentRule.Name: Download Media Types.  I disable that as a test and the error now reads Upload Media Types.  And so on.  If I disable the SSL Scanner completey, I just get a generic broswer "Unable to connect" or "Page cannot be displayed"

At this point I'm not interested in using the SSL functionality.  How do I disable this correctly and still have access to the MWG7 HTTPS webpage?

Message was edited by: sports_is on 5/30/12 1:29:10 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: Internal HTTPS Site Issues w/ MWG7

SSL scanning doesn't have much to do with the problem.

You are probably trying to proxy all traffic through MWG by using the short host name of the server and not a FQDN.

Basically, if you are redirecting absolutely every from the browser to the proxy, the proxy needs to know how to get to the server when you enter the host name. Without adding the search entry to the resolv.conf, it doesn't know where "server" is.

You can:

* Put a DNS name suffix in the resolv.conf or your domain by adding the line (recommended):

search domain.local

* Set your browser settings to exclude local domains, subnets and hosts (recommended).

* Put an entry for the short name into hosts file locally (option if all other efforts fail)

Basically, if you are redirecting absolutely every from the browser to the proxy, the proxy needs to know how to get to the server when you enter the host name. Without adding the search entry to the resolv.conf, it has no idea where "server" is.

• 2. Re: Internal HTTPS Site Issues w/ MWG7

thanks.  I've now added the domain to the resolv.conf and made sure that local domains are being excluded from the proxy via the broswer and everything now works!