1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 12:07 PM by erase*.*

How I automatically delete systems that don't connect the Epo?

Hello.

I have an VDI infrastructure and the desktops adds automatically to the epo when they turn on (to a special system tree container using sort criteria)

When the user finish using the VDI desktop the desktop is deleted. I want that it will be deleted from the epo also.

For example if the agent doesnt communictes with the epo for 3 hours then it will be autopmatically deleted.

How can I do it?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How I automatically delete systems that don't connect the Epo?
          erase*.*

Going from 4.6, I would use the existing automated Inactive Agent Cleanup Task & Manage Inactive Agents query to identify inactive agents as templates. 

1. Create a new query based off the Manage Inactive Agents query that will ID your 3 hour inactive window but also exclude valid physical agents that meet that same criteria using additional filters.  Test to make sure it returns only your VDs.

2. Create a new automated server task, using that new query, to delete the identified agents & schedule it on your desired basis.  Reference existing the Inactive Agent Cleanup Task for more info.

Message was edited by: erase*.* on 5/29/12 12:07:08 PM CDT