1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 2:03 AM by sue333 RSS

McAfee banner "We tested this page and blocked content...." even on community.mcafee.com

annalee

Suddenly this morning I am seeing a banner I don't recall seeing before. It is at the top of the page and has the McAfee logo and name on the left, then the stop circle (circle with line across), then "We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites. Allow this content only if your're sure it comes from safe sites.", a text box with "View all blocked content" and finally the "x" for closing the banner. I am using Windows XP and McAfee Anti Virus Plus and have made no recent changes in settings for either. RIght now I am looking at the banner as it appears even on this page. It is not associated with https but, when it occurs with it, I receive a popup window entitled Security Warning asking what I want to do. This is just the Windows security popup, I think. But the banner occurs on other sites (e.g. counterpunch.org. I ignored it at first because it is feasible for ordinary sites to occasionally have questionable content. But this community that is run by McAfee?

Do I have a problem or a bad setting?

1 2 3 Previous Next