1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2012 8:07 AM by Peter M

Uninstalling McAfee & Blue Screen of Death assistance.

*First and foremost I am not as computer literate as I would like to be.

Alright so I'v recently uninstalled my McAfee trail version from my little Aspire One D255E laptop (Windows 7 SNPC OA)  and now the Blue Screen of Death pops up every few minutes. This is followed by immediate reboot and and the back screen which gives me several option on how I want to restart my computer (ex. Normal, Safe or Safe with Networking). I am able to restart on "Normal: mode.

This is extremely aggravating.

What can I do to fix this?

• 1. Re: Uninstalling McAfee & Blue Screen of Death assistance.
          Peter M

Is this Windows 7 SP1?  Also what McAfee trial version - what software exactly were you testing?

You can stop your machine from immediately restarting when a BSOD (Blue (or black) screen of death) occurs which will give you a chance to read exactly what the BSOD is saying: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1795 

Did you try booting to Safe Mode and initiating System Restore to way before all this happened?    System Restore is found under Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools or you can simply go to Start/Run and type in rstrui.exe and hit the Enter key or click OK.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/05/12 9:07:40 EDT AM