Kindly update us the Version details of installed McAfee Anti-theft Product that is installed in the Windows 7 PC.
(Navigation: Open McAfee product > Click About on the top right)
• McAfee Security Center: ??
• McAfee Anti-theft: ??
Also, if it is a stand alone product then kindly update us the Property details of the McAfee Anti-theft installed in the Windows 7 PC.
You will be able to view the properties details by right clicking the McAfee Anti-Theft icon on the desktop.
(Navigation: Right Click McAfee Anti-Theft icon > Single Left Click Properties in the bottom)
Under Version Tab:-
File Version: ??
I'm using McAfee Total Protection.
McAfee Security Center
McAfee Anti-Theft File Protection
- Kindly Hook up your HDD via USB &
- Follow the below given steps to Set the windows to show hidden files.
- Open windows explorer (any folder in Windows).
- Click the Organize button and select Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab > Scroll down to Hidden Files and Folders
- Put a check mark beside show hidden files and folders
- And uncheck the box beside Hide protected operating system files.
- You can find the Vault files in the below location
NOTE: Replace where <username> with the name of your Windows User Profile)
- Once backing up the Vault select Restore defaults in the Folder Options.
Moved to the Anti-Theft section as a more appropriate spot.
Thanks Jai! Although these instructions didn't exactly solve my problem they were extremely helpful with finding the vault file on my old hard drive. I was then able to use the Advanced option from my new computer's McAfee Anti-Theft then "Access External Vault" and get to the files on my old hard drive. Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help. Problem solved!
Following your explanation and previous instructions from JaiPrahash, I had solved a similar problem of recovering a XYZ.vault file from the HHD disk of my recently crashed old laptop. Thank you all.
But to help some other people with similar problem, I should write that opening the XYZ.vault file, using the Advanced option from my new computer's McAfee Anti-Theft and then "Access External Vault”, was only possible after copying the XYZ.vault file from the USB HDD disk into my new laptop.