This content has been marked as final. Show 41 replies
Currently on 8.5, although wanting to go to 8.7 this year. Patch 1 was supposed to be the time I was looking at it, but I don't really have full confidence in p1 yet.
P2 is still some time away, so not sure which version to go to.
I am in the same boat, client still running 8.0 and I know end of life for product is end of year.
Actually, after some thinking about it, I have decided I am going to take the plunge a go with 8.7i P1.
I will deal with whatever issues arrise, wish me luck.
edit - Oh, but I am most definatley sticking with 8.5 P8 on the servers (which is what I am currently running there)
Yea 8.7P1 for my workstations only, For servers I think I might actually wait until 8.7 P3 or something......I'll see how it goes.
Supposedly the issue was with a DAT, rather than the Patch. However, it happened around the time Patch 1 was released, hence it being pulled as a precaution.
We are currently migrating our 5500 systems from 8.0 tot 8.7 (we are halfway), and somewhere soon to Patch 1.
We found no real problems reagarding 8.7 so far.
thats great to know. Thanks for your input.
Posts like these to balance the decision are all good. Keep them coming
Currently running 8.5 - will wait will at least until P2 for 8.7 comes out.
Didn't 8.0 have big issues until P11, and 8.5 until P5? Or thereabouts?
Phil, in no hurry to update.
I manage 600 windows servers in our DataCenter. Whitelisting isn't as desirable a feature on a server as it is on a desktop.
Currently running 8.5P8 on all but a couple test servers.
P1 address many of the reasons for not going with the 8.7.0 release last fall.
For the benefit of higher performance and less resource utilization, and to stay current, we are now leaning toward P1, with eyes wide open. :eek:
The lack of an full 8.7.1 install is disturbing to say the least though. :(
Have no desire to continue the long long wait for the next Patch and the ilk of issues it will bring :mad:
There is an integrated installer called VSE870LMLRP1 which is 8.7i integrated with patch 1, but it is not released yet.
You can google that name and see that it is available in to some non-English language customers.
I am very anxious to update workstations to 8.7i w/P1 from 8.5i w/P8. I have a big NEED to disable script scanning for certain web sites and that is now available in patch 1.
No chance of it going on servers for now though.
There is also no way I am going to deploy 8.7 and then patch 1. I will wait until the itegrated one is released.