4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 10:48 AM by berginhart

Client Synchronisation problem after unencrypting - re-encrypting exercise

Version 5.2.10

I have recently taken over support of a small office of users who all have McAfee End-Point Encryption installed onto Toshiba laptops.

During the weekend of switch over all laptops were re-encrypted using a bootable floppy.

We noticed though that despite having reset all users passwords to a generic password (they would have to change on 1st boot) no passwords were recognised other than the admin password.

Now we are attempting to get single-signon working but the clients and the server do not seem to be syncronising.

We were able to do a password recovery as a way of getting single-sign on working but would rather be able to centrally reset password rather than the complex challenge and response method.

I obtained the sdmcfg.ini from one of the clients and noticed:

[Databases]

Database1="Correct IP Address"

Database2=SBXFERDB.DLL

[Database1]

Description="Correct Hostname"

IsLocal=No

Authenticate=Yes

Port=5554

ServerKey= "Key here matches Server based sdmcg.ini"

AuthType=1

[Database2]

Description=Transfer Database

IsLocal=Yes

Authenticate=No

DataPath=SBXFERDB.SDB

There are two databases configured:  the Server and a transfer Database.

I also had a look at the SbClientlog.txt which I won't post for privacy reasons.

I noticed several lines:

Error [e0120004]: License count exceeded

After that the client seems to have switched to the Transfer Database - Connecting to database: "Transfer Database"

Is the license count the reason for the client not syncronising and for using the local database?

If I correct the license count do I have to do anything else to get syncronising to work?