2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 8:35 AM by tmhart

Recommendations for Script Scanning

Hello,
      We've been asked by our developers if we can disable the Script Scanning of our workstations in order for the JDE application to work successfully. The main part of this is of course Javascript, and in testing, if we disable it, it works much better.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for this, or if it's ok to turn off.

Please let me know, and thanks in advance for the help!
        • 1. RE: Recommendations for Script Scanning
          Does this help?:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60263 Perhaps you can add the JDE process in as an exclusion (although I don't know enough about JDE and it's differences from running regular Java from websites or in other programs).

If they're writing code and testing on websites, then VSE 8.7i P1 introduced functionality for whitelisting certain websites.

Refer to the support portal for how to set these up.
          • 2. RE: Recommendations for Script Scanning
            Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately because the sites run in IE, it's not a specific JDE process that'll run and it's all in Java/JavaScript. We also don't have 8.7i on the vast majority of those systems. We will definetely test this feature in the future, so thank you for the info.

For 8.5 or 8.0i is there a standard script scanning procedure that should be followed? I don't want to turn something off and then be at risk.