4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 9:32 AM by trishoar

MWG Custom Statistics

trishoar

Hi,

Does any one know how, other than using error pages, I can get Webwasher 7 to expose the user defined stastistics counters?

I'd like to be able to access them via SNMP, as that allows me to tie it into our performance monitoring software. I guess I could do something with curl to pull out the info into cacti, but really thats just a hack job.

Any other ideas would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Tris

• 1. Re: MWG Custom Statistics

Most of those statistics should be available inside the MIB, starting at OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.1230.2

You should be able to do a mib walk to see them.

• 2. Re: MWG Custom Statistics
            trishoar

I've walked that part of the MIB tree and can see the prebuilt stats such as stBadReputation, but if i add a user defined couter to the statistics engine, though I can see it incrementing by writing a block page that fetches the counter I cant see it in the when walking the MIB tree.

All I've done is under Settings -> Statistics -> Default - > Add user defind counter set as incremental and then added to some of my rules to update this when they are hit.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Tris

• 3. Re: MWG Custom Statistics

I mis-read the original post. You wanted this for user-defined counters?

I thought you meant the system counters that are in the MIB.

There is no way to collect the user-defined counters via SNMP. They are only exposed via the way you desribed on a block page.

Sorry for the confusion.

• 4. Re: MWG Custom Statistics
                trishoar

Ok, thanks. At least I know I'm doing it right.

I'd be nice to be able to get it into the SNMP, as I can trend it that way. But this will do for for now.