1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2012 9:43 AM by Peter M

Will McAfee Let Us Know When They Have A Fix For The Lost Internet Connection From The Latest Update?

maglincoln

Every morning I have to do the same thing to get internet connection (Windows Vista 32 Home Premium), I have to go to my "Network and Sharing Center", then to "Manage Network Connections", then highlight "Local Area Connection", then disable it and wait for red X, then enable it and then shortly the connection is restored. I have my subscription renewal coming up in a few months and will think twice about renewing if this is not fixed.

Message was edited by: maglincoln on 5/16/12 9:32:04 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Will McAfee Let Us Know When They Have A Fix For The Lost Internet Connection From The Latest Update?
          Peter M

It's been an intermittent problem for about a month now and I find that simply right-clicking the taskbar network icon which you can enable next to your system clock and selecting 'Diagnose and Repair' does the trick in a few seconds.   They are still not sure it is a McAfee issue and not something to do with a Windows update not behaving well with the software, but are investigating.   A fix isn't usually announced but just comes in silently and may or may not require a reboot to take effect.

There have been a number of threads about this and variations on a similar theme.

Sorry for the inconvenience.