Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3309 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 11:16 AM by zirani RSS
loanarranger1 Newcomer 1 posts since
May 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2012 3:19 PM

McAfee Secure WebMail

A bank that I do business with bank sends me email that I can only retrieve by logging into the McAfee Secure Webmail application.  It's a big inconvenience. Why is this?  Is it because a McAfee email applicance at the bank has my domain on a blacklist or something similar?  Can I do something to get thier email to me delivered through normal channels and to to my desktop Outlook?   How would I approach this?  With McAfee or the banks IT team?

If anyone out there can help, it woul dbe fantastic.

Thank you,

Bert

• Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,602 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    1. May 15, 2012 3:50 PM (in response to loanarranger1)
    Re: McAfee Secure WebMail

This looks more Business than Consumer. Moved to Business (Email and Web Security),

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please
  • zirani Newcomer 22 posts since
    Dec 3, 2009
    2. Feb 15, 2013 11:16 AM (in response to loanarranger1)
    Re: McAfee Secure WebMail

You would need to approach the bank's IT team.  The bank's administrator configures delivery options for secure messages.  It sounds like they have choosen a 'pull' method of message storage.   The pull method stores the message on the senders email system.  It has nothing to do with blacklisting your domain.  The bank probably has some regulation for privacy they are following and they have decided the best way to protect potential private infomation in your email communication with them is via this method. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points