3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 7:49 PM by tonyw

HDLP Device Control with No Active Directory

epomd

Does anyone know if you can install HDLP Device Control on an EPO server in the DMZ without Active Directory? When I get to the final phase where the HDLP tools are loaded, instead of entering ePO I am looking at a white screen. I am hearing from support that you can't use without AD but other engineers say that you can.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: HDLP Device Control with No Active Directory
          JoeyMc

If you don't mind me asking, why do you have an ePO server in the DMZ?

I've always thought about this as an option for remote laptop users.

• 2. Re: HDLP Device Control with No Active Directory
            epomd

It certainly isnt the norm and has been around before agent handlers. Devicecontrol to these systems in light of no AD is an interesting configuration. I was nearly complete and now stuck with a white screen each time i try and bring up dev control. When u give a client software, watch how they try and use.

Jay

• 3. Re: HDLP Device Control with No Active Directory
              tonyw

It shouldn't be stopping you from executing the DLP Policy manager.  A Computer Assigned Group will work instead of the User Assigned Group.

Your issue sounds more in line with either AcitveX not allowing the install of the management tools or .net 3.5 SP1 not being installed.  Please refer to the installation guide on how to configure IE to allow the ActiveX to run and confirm .net 3.5 SP1 is installed.

With it being in the DMZ, can any other computer access the page?  Is it limited only to the server?