2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2009 8:01 PM by rhythm_methods

64Bit VSE8.5

Dumb question time, is there a different installation package for VSE8.5 for 64BIT Systems?

I have just been using the same package, it works ok, and shows 64 bit engine version.

Is there anything I missed here?

(getting some issues on 64bit servers, not sure if it's even McAfee related at this point)
        • 1. RE: 64Bit VSE8.5
          rhythm_methods - In my experience the only difference between 32bit and 64bit VSE is the inclusion of the 64 bit Engine - the software package should load up just like any other 32bit app on the 64bit OS (ie in the Program Files X86 directory).
          • 2. RE: 64Bit VSE8.5
            Thanks mate, I kind of already knew the answer to this (gee its annoying when you have to make such dumb posts happy ) but due to some issues on 64 bit servers I just wanted to make sure....

I have only ever seen one version posted on my products, and in the notes for those it does say it supports 64 bit, but I just wanted to make sure there is no 64 bit only installation package or something like that, which I was missing somehow, ya never know.

I called McAfee just now (for another reason) so asked them when I was on the line.

The guy confirmed that there is only 1 installation package available for both 32 and 64 bit systems.