1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2012 8:13 AM by PhilM

H.323 not getting passed

I've inherited a Sidewinder (and the responsibilities) from a departing employee.  It's running 7.0.0.07.  The problem that I'm having with it is that its not passing h.323 traffic consistently.  The problem seems to come and go.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I don't seem to be able to find any mention of it.

• 1. Re: H.323 not getting passed
          PhilM

I don't personally have any experience working with h.323, though as a long-standing system-defined service I wouldn't have expected it to be problematic.

The only other observation I can make is that you are running a fairly out-of-date patch level of that particular release which is officially no longer in support, which will make it tricky for you to pursue with McAfee support - should you find the need to do so.

You may find the following link of use:-

http://www.mcafee.com/us/support/support-eol-appliances.aspx#appl_firewall

Scroll down a little bit and you will see the status of the current software versions. 7.0.0.xx went end of life last year. You don't have to go all the way up to v8, but if you apply the patches necessary to take it up to 7.0.1.02 you will have until early next year before needing to revisit the exercise.

There doesn't appear to be anything specific to H.323 in the McAfee Knowledgebase which tends to rule out any 'known' issues with this service.

Sorry I couldn't provide anything more definitive. But, you never know, updating the software might do the trick for you.

-Phil.