3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 1:10 AM by utopian

EMM iOS profile with Wi-Fi HTTP proxy settings?

Hi,

we have just successfully deployed a profile for our iphone and ipad users using EAP-TLS with PKI agent autoenrollment on behalf of the users.

So, the devices can join the corporate wifi with no problems.

The problem is I can't seem to be able to push out HTTP proxy settings for the Wi-Fi profile. Is this supported by EMM version 9.6?

thanks,

uto

Message was edited by: utopian on 5/9/12 8:45:02 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: EMM iOS profile with Wi-Fi HTTP proxy settings?
          mat.kordell

Just looking at the product guide I don't beleive it is possible with 9.6.  To be sure, take a look at the attached screenshot, does your wifi profile have the proxy configuration field?  If not I think you're out of luck.

Have you thought about upgrading to 10?  9.6's MDM profiles are really intended for iOS 4 so there is quite a bit of extended functionality in 10.

Otherwise, have you considered pushing a on demand VPN profile and pipe that through your proxy?

2012-05-11_1536.png

• 2. Re: EMM iOS profile with Wi-Fi HTTP proxy settings?

Mat is right.

Use latest 10.1.* version. It`s upgrading without any efforts.

EMM is the stuff that I can surely say next build is better than previous. (at this time)

BUT backup is required if it`s production infrastructure subsystem.

And as far as I remember - Proxy settings for Wi-Fi profiles work only on iOS5.*

Please check. I can`t, because I don`t have many of iOS devices, none of them are personal or for testing purposes, no proxy is used in corporate, and, finally, all of iOS devices I can reach are iOS 5.* which are surely supported if there`s no bug there. :-)

on 6/29/12 3:45:55 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: EMM iOS profile with Wi-Fi HTTP proxy settings?

Hmm. . .looks like 10.1 still doesn't support Wi-Fi with proxy, at least not according to the 10.1 Product Guide ;-(