Try to keep posts re this here
Does repairing the connection fix it till next reboot?
We mods have alerted the techs to the issue and they are trying to see what change in the release was the cause.
I have found the thread and I have written there, but i think that " Firewall blocking internet connection" is not the right place for the problem we have found in the last days with McAfee updata.
It is important to underline:
1) I have a lan network in my home.
2) All the PCs EXCEPT THE ONE WITH MCAFEE UPDATE, have the internet worked fine.
3) In the PCCASA (that have the Mcafee issue) after every reboot, I find 2 network based on the same LAN card, it means that no IP could be assigned by Router and no internet could "arrive" in PCCASA.
4) after the procedure (disable LAN Broaadcom NetLink ... card, and the enable the same) one network disappear and the IP could be assigned and PCCASA could see the internet.
5) If I reboot the PCCASA, even after the procedure disable-enable, the issue is again present!! The repairing procedure do not delete the problem.
6) I have no Itunes, bonjour....
7) My region is Europe, Italy, sicily.
Please help us
If this issue started late April after a patch you got that thread should be the same issue. All there from April 23rd posts have same net failure issues.
The techs are chasing the cause ( Ok it is caused by Mcafee ) but they need to determine what fix in the patch broke the net.Now several techs and all my family's 8 pCs all work fine with the patch so the cause will take chasing.
ok, I hope that someone will find a solution in time.
I have other 2 question:
1) I think there are two type of update. the first is a "soft" update where the table of new virus is renew. The second is an "hard" update where the Mcafee software is renew. is it right?
2) To avoid this issue, I have disable all the mcafee update. I think it is a problem for my security because my PC is not Update for the new virus. Or it is possible to make some "soft" update that renew the virus tab but not renew the Mcafee software?
What are the solution?
Only to complete my set up I have Windows Vista Home premium 32 bit.
Yes two types of updates but you can turn off updates and do a manual update
For manual updating see
The link there goes to both Dat alone updating and updating the superdat which has the scanning engine as well. I would suggest using only the dat updates .
Are you sure that nothingh else will happen?
? happen when? Using the Dat manually will work till the issue is fixed.. Keep checking that thread I posted the fix when it comes will be mentioned there.
I am having the same problem with my pc running Vista my laptop running Xt works ok for know I have uninstalled Mcafee I amy weighting for a fix so I can reinstall Mcafee
I have done your procedure :Great! I have download the DAT file and evry thing goes well!
thank a lot for your suggestion.
I hope that the mcafee people could find the solution soon.