2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 5:06 AM by watarus

EEFF: Safe to block Internet browser process (iexplore.exe, firefox.exe, etc.)?

Hi all,

I want to prevent local encrypted files from being decrypted when sent to intranet/Internet using http, example by webmail or webforum. Is it safe to use 'blocked processes' feature with Internet browser process such as iexplore.exe, firefox.exe, chrome.exe, etc.? If not safe, why?

Thanks,

Wisnu

• 1. Re: EEFF: Safe to block Internet browser process (iexplore.exe, firefox.exe, etc.)?

Update:

I blocked chrome.exe, but not iexplore.exe. And then webmail encrypted attachment to internal recipient with EEFF installed and to my yahoo (iphone). Result:

1. With chrome.exe (blocked):

a. not able to open docx file in iphone --> extension file is docx? (with question mark)

b. Able to read in internal office PC with EEFF, but the padlock symbol is gone and the file is not detected using 'search encrypted' ---> is this known issue?

2. With iE (not blocked):

a. able to open docx file in iphone (decrypted), and in office PC.

This meets my requirement, with little problem on 1.a. Haven't tried with web forum.

Any comment?

Thanks,

Wisnu

• 2. Re: EEFF: Safe to block Internet browser process (iexplore.exe, firefox.exe, etc.)?
            watarus

Hi Wisnu,

I also test to add web browser process to Blocked Process but my internal recipient with EEFF installed and correct key can't open files. The error was "Word found unreadable content in ... ". Did you have the problem open the encrypted file when sending by Web Browser or Email?

Thanks