3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 5:57 AM by devlin.nossiter

VSE 8.8 - blue screen when using F5 VPN wanarp.sys?

pierce

Hey there,

Have any of you come across issues when using F5 VPN? We seem to have a small subset of users that consistantly get bluescreen's when either accessing the F5 VPN or shortly after connecting.

We find uninstalling VSE + reinstalling seems to help but dosnt seem like a real reason.

Systems are mainly XP

Agent 4.6

VSE 8.8 (Testing 8.8P1)

HIPS 7(old ones)/8 P1

DLP 9.2 + hotfix 14

EEPC 6.1.3/safeboot 5.2.5

Any ideas where to look or what to look out for? McAfee support want crash logs and of course as soon as we get a machine and start poking around it stops happening...

thanks,

Pierce

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 - blue screen when using F5 VPN wanarp.sys?
          sbenedix

Have you had a peek at the created mem dumps that give reason to belive that VSE is at root? There should be still leftovers from the last BSOD (memory.dmp) even a mini dump might give you valuable hints. (but does not qualify to conduct a indepth investigation)

Merely uninstalling and reinstalling does not prove anything I agree, it might be purely incidental that the problem disappeared. (KB73182)

Haven't seen anything with F5 VPN software/wanarp.sys, I suppose the F5 software is all up to date?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: VSE 8.8 - blue screen when using F5 VPN wanarp.sys?
            pierce

Hey thanks for the reply, a few of the dumps that have been analysed have all pointed to various McAfee files causing the issue. but its not uniform, if it was always a mcafee process that would be one thing but it seems to change between wanarp.sys/dxgkrnl.sys and a few others non mcafee files as well. The only thing in common is that it all occurs when using the F5 VPN system.

The systems do seem more stable and happier with VSE 8.8 Patch 1 + the latest hotfix. We also had F5 issues when we rolled out DLP 9.2 but the fix for that helped resolve that.

Yup I have been told that our F5 software is up to date with the latest hotfixes.

I will try a few more things and raise another case with mcafee otherwise, thanks again for your help

• 3. Re: VSE 8.8 - blue screen when using F5 VPN wanarp.sys?

We also have issues with Firepass, but it is WIn7 X64 only.

Windows6.1-KB2519736-x64 is what we use for the fix and seems to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful