This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Okay, have answered my own question LOL
elected to work on the 4.6.1 server and minimise disruption.
- using MENU>SOFTWARE>EXTENSIONS completely removed the extensions for VIRUSCAN 8.8. that the Software Download Manager installed during the guided Config.
- added the extensions for 8.7 + reports
- this allowed me to to import the 8.7 export file from the 4.5 server without any errors.
- I then had to add the VirusScan 8.8 extensions back in over the top of the 8.7 lot
- this left 8.7 present but overwrote the VirusScanReports 220.127.116.11 with 18.104.22.168, as well as adding the 8.8. extension.
- Thus allowing me to run the epopolicymigration.exe ( double-click * then 'run')
- On viewing the Policy Catalog all the 8.7 and 8.8 Polices were in full view.
- Removing the 8.7 extension then removed all the 8.7 Policies and I was back where I started but with Policies to work with.