4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 12:01 AM by Hayton Branched to a new discussion.

mcshield - event id 522, category 256

Hayton

Just had a McAfee update which required a restart. Checking the event logs afterwards I found a 522 warning with Category 256 (whatever that is) and the following message (no Microsoft help available for this but lots of reports for similar errors in the McAfee KnowledgeBase).

Process **\mcshield.exe pid (436) could not be successfully validated with the mfevtp service and would have been blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver if enforcement was enabled.

Does anyone else have this message in their Event Logs? If it's not just me I'll ask someone about it.

Edit - These may be connected to the above, I've never seen these before .

- Event ID 4125 and 2444, both for MS DTC (Distributed Transaction Coordinator). Information messages only, not warnings or errors.

- Event ID 5004 : Error, MclogEvent - "Could not contact Filter Driver - Error 0x57, the parameter is incorrect".

Message was edited by: Hayton on 27/04/12 18:25:51 IST