3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 11:51 AM by tonyw

DLP agent

bigmac5454

I created a task to deploy the DLP agent a client in my  test sub group. The agent installs and requires a reboot. I noticed a area under the Products and components for a command line so I figured I could put a command to reboot after the install. I have tried: shutdown -r -m \\computername this does not work can you use a command there to reboot?

Mark

• 1. Re: DLP agent
          tonyw

It is not possible to issue a command to reboot from the command line option. 

The automatic reboot option can be controlled by changing the policy assigned to the machine for your McAfee Agent in your policy catalog.  In the general settings section there is an option to "Prompt user when a reboot is required" and "Force automatic reboot after (seconds)". 

Disable the prompt to reboot and enable Force automatic reboot after X sectonds.  The machines will reboot automatically.

• 2. Re: DLP agent
            bigmac5454

Thanks I have seen that option but can you control to just the DLP agent install? I don't want Clients to reboot just if they got an update.

Mark

• 3. Re: DLP agent
              tonyw

It's not possible thru the DLP agent install to force the reboot.

You can manually assign a McAfee agent policy to a machine before the push or assign a DLP deploy task and the changed McAfee policy in a different branch of your system tree to address the issue.