1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2009 7:31 AM by andyross

Update *dat or virus definition files manually on remote servers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

We have installed Mcafee ENterprise on 28 Servers and turned the autoupdate off as these servers will never connect to Internet. (because of company firewall restrictions)

Now, I have a problem. How can we update virus definition files across 28 servers. I checked the Mcafee website tried downloading updates in *.exe format and *.zip files.

For the *.exe file we need to transfer this executable on the server and then run it. I can do it on one or 2 servers, but 28 servers and atleast 4-5 times a month sounds bit cumbersome.

Tried to unzip *.zip file which has 3-4 files, can we copy these files manually on to 28 servers. If yes which files on our servers we need to replace and where are they located.

We also got a "nsh" server, which can be used to run certain commands on these 28 servers. Can we use this nsh server to execute the *exe file (once its copied across) with virus definitions.

Regards