1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2009 4:37 PM by Grif

Virusscan Enterprise 8.5.0i

Virusscan Enterprise 8.5.0i fails to update.

I am having a problem updating ...it comes back after the "copying engine line" and says that it could not update to the new engine. The last time I updated on April 10, 2009 it was fine.

Please help me?
        • 1. RE: Virusscan Enterprise 8.5.0i
          You haven't updated for a month? That's not a good thing to say the least..

Unfortunately, you haven't given us many clues about what could be causing your problem..

1. What operating system are you using? Which service pack for that operating system?

2. What type of update have you tried? Autoupdates, manual updates from the McAfee icon in the lower right corner, or by running the downloaded superdat file? If you haven't trying updating by using the downloadable Superdat, please do so now.. Click on the link below, select the "I agree" button, then download the most current sdatxxxx.exe file. (Today's file is sdat5612.exe.) Once the file is downloaded to your desktop, double click on the file to install the most recent scan engine and virus defintions.

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&seg ment=enterprise

3. Which update respository are you using? The default McAfee online repositories or a special network repository on your company network?

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif