2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 10:45 AM by vongchais

Interface input error when connected to cisco switch 3560

I connect McAfee FW (model: S3008, version: 8.1.1) connected to two switches vendor (alcatel and cisco). The problem is can't connect to server which link with cisco switch but server in alcatel zone work properly. I troublshoot by check interface status on cisco switch and don't see interface input/output error. I remote to FW via ssh and use tcpdump. It don't show any input packet. So I check interface statistic via command "netstat –I interface -w 5", it's show as input error on every packets.

My question

1. Is the problem cause from software bug or hardware bug (I change interface to other, it found same problem).

2. Is it bug from software. Please give me the BUG ID and detail and fix version.

• 1. Re: Interface input error when connected to cisco switch 3560

Hello,

What speed settings have you used for the nic? If it is set to auto negotiate, try setting them both to a specific speed. If they are locked down, try autonegotiate.

Have you contacted Cisco about this? Have you tried another port on the Cisco? Have you tried another cable?

I have heard of no issues with our appliances connecting to Cisco switches, so if this is a problem with our hardware/software, then it is a new issue.

-Matt

• 2. Re: Interface input error when connected to cisco switch 3560

I have 2 interface connect to same cisco 3560 switch when the problem occur on both 2 interfaces. I try to change a interface speed/duplex (one fix speed and one auto).But the problem still error on both interfaces(2 interface input errors).

Have you contacted Cisco about this?

I don't contact to cisco. When this problem found, I don't see packet error on cisco interface and still have problem when only reset interface (shutdown/no shutdown command) at cisco switch. But the problem disappear when reset interface at McAfee firewall.

Have you tried another port on the Cisco? Have you tried another cable?

I have two interfaces which connect between firewall and cisco switch. I found problem on both interfaces.