Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
6524 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 10:36 AM by fcamachoecat RSS
honestcustomer Newcomer 5 posts since
Apr 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 19, 2012 8:44 AM

WARNING: McAfee is a SCAM - AVOID!!

Since you keep on ignoring my requests, you leave me with no option other than to tell the story of how you scammed my father, I will continue to spread this around the Internet to make sure you realise how short-sighted your approach to business is

----------------------------------------------------

A few years ago my father had McAfee Anti Virus installed on his PC, it was slowing down his PC too much so I removed it and installed a different brand of anti-virus software.

He tried to cancel his subscription, emailing different McAfee addresses, but they would always tell him it was the wrong address.  My father isn't very computer literate, but McAfee had made it as difficult as possible to find out how to cancel their subscription, they had hidden it away in an obscure location, which I eventually found for him when he told me about it.

Anyway, he wrote to their head office, explaining that McAfee had been taking £50 per year for software that was not installed, but they refused to pay it back, despite the evidence of him having tried to cancel using various different McAfee email addresses.  They have refused to pay, time and time again.

We have given up on them now, but now it's time to warn other people of what's going on.  These people do not care about their customers, they do not believe in giving back money that is yours.  They are clearly being run by people who do not care about whether you have their product installed, but just about billing your bank account. 

I'll be spreading this message far and wide on the Internet, to ensure that they lose many thousands of $'s, when all they had to do in the beginning is just be fair and give my father his small sum of money back.

• newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    2. Apr 19, 2012 10:16 AM (in response to honestcustomer)
    Re: WARNING: McAfee is a SCAM - AVOID!!

McAfee reputation has been plummeting quickly.You can see as you say many stories on the Internet.I Find it hard to believe they don`t know that Your dad did not have Mcafee Installed.Since I believe that the Removal tool registers the uninstall? But anyhow,You can also file a report here at Ripeoffreport.com. Which by the way has many filed against Mcafee.If you go there & Type Mcafee you will see Many.You can add your own If they refuse to work with you.

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    3. Apr 19, 2012 10:17 AM (in response to honestcustomer)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here , I understand that you have spent a lot of time and efforts on this . By this time as you read this , an investigation is been conducted on your case and I shall keep you posted with the status soon.

Regards,

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    6. Apr 19, 2012 10:57 AM (in response to honestcustomer)

Well I don't remember what McAfee Policy for renewal Is. Since I`ve had their software for a few years.To be fair I know that some of the others do the same thing.But they will send an E-mail with a link Usually warning you that You have a month before It expires.I have Uninstalled Mine & Had to make sure I unchecked auto renew which I do not want.maybe they will work with you If you are lucky.If not You can also post at Complaintboard.com.I have mentioned a while back That $ & greed Is what separates today's companies from the past.

Not many want to use good business sense anymore. Good luck

• fcamachoecat McAfee Employee 6 posts since
    Aug 23, 2011
    7. Apr 20, 2012 10:36 AM (in response to honestcustomer)

Honestcustomer, I would like to gather some more infomation about this and we will see what we can do about getting a refund for your father.  I will send you a private message with my direct contact information.  Please call or email me when you get a chance and we will discuss this in greater detail.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)