1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 9:46 AM by m_hfx

Scan64.exe processes not closing

Ok, new to the forums, so Hello all.

having an issue with the scan64.exe process.  Our developers have a script that is running on windows 2008 R2 server, and part of that script calls SCAN64.exe to scan a file before sending it out to our clients.  This works great, apart from that the process does not shut down properly.  With the wonderful windows 2008 R2, batch jobs are run in the non interactive session 0, and what we are finding is that a message box is appearing in this session waiting for user interaction to close the session down.

Now as the server is not monitored 24/7, and there are lots of these jobs that run, we are finding that the memory usage on the server gradually creeps up during the day until a point where the server just hangs, and we have to reboot to clear up these processes.

In the good old days, we used to put on a /SILENT switch on the command, but doing this does not seem to stop this window from appearing. 

I was wondering if anyone knew the syntax of the SCAN64.exe command to see if the silent switch has been changed in the version of mcafee i have (VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you might have,

Mark