1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 1:11 AM by michael-s-w

WebReporter does not appear in Browser

michael-s-w

Hello at all,

hope that anyone can help me with a -little- problem:

After getting my new workstation with a Windows7-System (64bit) I tried with several methods to get a mask from WebReporter in my browser. I tried nearly all possibilities from wich I thought, that there was the reason: different browsers, (IE even with 32bit and 64bit), several Java-Versions - nothing is working. Meanwhile I am using the Interface with a rdp-connection on the server direct or I use a virtual XP-machine.

But it would be nice to use the interface without such "workarounds", so I hope that anyone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Greetings

Michael

• 1. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
          asabban

Hi Michael,

so on your virtual XP machine the access works as expected, is that true?

Can you let me know which version of Web Reporter you use?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
            sroering

If this is the first time you are connecting from the XP machine, and you can connect from other machines, then likely you are using the wrong URL.  The correct URL is is http://host_or_ip:91111/reporter  or https://host_or_ip:9112/reporter.

It's also documented in the product guide and in this Knowledge Base article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB64304&

specifically, you can have issues connecting to Web Reporter for the first time, or after an upgrade if you are bookmarking something different, such as .../reporter/index.jsp  page.  There is a boot-up process when you connect to check the client applet version and update it if necessary that won't work correctly if you don't use the documented URL.

• 3. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
              michael-s-w

Hi All,

many thanks for your prompt responses. And here are my answers to your questions:

@Andrè: Yes, you are right, on my virtualXP everything works exactly as it should. The version of WebReporter is the newest, I think. It's version 5.2.0.05, Build 1214

@sroering: Sorry, that I did not wrote it in my first posting, but I use WebReporter for nearly 3 years in different versions and from different workstations. And I knew it from former times, that WebReporter -even in earlier times "ContentReporter"- sometimes needs different addresses to "speak with". But be sure that in my desparation I tried these different possibilities, too.

And it was my workstation, which changed, not the WebReporter's Version.

Thank you a lot, every hint is welcome!

Greetings from

Michael

• 4. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                michael-s-w

Hello to all,

it`s getting very silent here - does really no one have even an idea to help???

Here an other hint, which perhaps can be useful and which I do not told about already:

When I try to open WebReporter I get the normal Java-sign - I tell it a very quick clock, and then the blank browser-window becomes a little bit darker then white. But that it is, then nothing further happened. I think, that the connection is complete, but only the view is blocked by any AddOn or something like that.

Did this help a little bit to get new ideas???

Greetings from

Michael

• 5. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                  sroering

Since it works from the local machine, it is either network or client related.  I'm unaware of any Windows 7 specific issues.  You said

that you tried IE, there shouldn't be any browse compatibility issues. I assume you are not blocked due to a firewall, or something else obvious?  What specifically do you see in the browseer?

After you try to connect, look at the end of the server.log for a message like below. (.../Web Reporter/reporter/log/server.log)

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.ejb3.session.LoginGatewayLogger] Start Handshake: version=5.2.0.05 (10.1.93.22)

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method doHandshake

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.impl.PreLoginHandshakeImpl] Client version is OK: 5.2.0.05

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] doHandshake is successfully invoked

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method doHandshake

2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.ejb3.session.LoginGatewayLogger] Finish Handshake: version 5.2.0.05 *** 0--SUCCESS (10.1.93.22)

If you don't, then the browser isn't getting the applet.

• 6. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                    jont717

It does not work on my Windows 7 machine trying to use IE 64bit

As soon as I switch to IE 32 bit, it works and loads fine. 

• 7. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                      sroering

Interesting.. I haven't heard this before. I try and test this later and file a bug if I can reporduce it.

• 8. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                        michael-s-w

Here are the lines from the server.log of an unseccessful attempt to login:

2012-05-03 08:16:21,871 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] before method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.impl.LoginImpl] Internal login successful

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] doLoginInternal is successfully invoked

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] after method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] before method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.common.core.util.ResourceAsset] Could not find or read file at any locations: [0]='..\..\conf\resources\system\font.properties' [1]='null'

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] getFontsForLocale is successfully invoked

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminResponse] Return value: java.util.ArrayList

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] after method getFontsForLocale

Did this help to locate my problem?

Greetings

Michael

• 9. Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser
                          sroering

Those messages are just the normal chatter and not really helpful.

How about messages from the java console on the client side?

I tested IE9 64bit on Windows Server 2008 and didn't encounter any issue.

Testing from a couple of different Win7 machines I'm having issues too, but appears that the java plugin isn't getting installed.  What do you see in your browser? what happens when you go to https://ip_address:9112/reporter

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          1 2 Previous Next