Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
688 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 8:04 AM by andy_judge RSS
kevin_27 Apprentice 66 posts since
Oct 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 12, 2012 3:15 AM

ODS Settings in ePO

Hi team,

Its really great learning Mcafee. Im doing great with the help of you guys. I have two questions here

Q1: I Had a interesting discussion with my friend. His querry is every Monday ODS should run at round 12 PM on Laptops and Desktops. But if the users didnt bring the Laptop or were on a vacation, when they come back and plug in the Laptop say for example Wednesday the ODS should run after an hour or so. It should not run at start-up as they will be logging into several applications. Is this Scenario possible or what is the best way to approach this kind of an issue.

Q2: Its rather an simple one. But im unbale to find it in ePO 4.6. The fallback for Laptops. If the user is away from office and they are working, Mcafee installed on the Laptop should take the DAT files from internet

Kindly suggest.

• andy_judge Apprentice 46 posts since
    Sep 22, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 12, 2012 8:04 AM (in response to kevin_27)
    Re: ODS Settings in ePO

Hi,

FOr answer to Q1 you need to amend the ODS task to tick the option to 'rerun missed task' with a delay of 60 mins. This will then cause the task to be run when the machine is switched on with a delay as required.

For Q2 you need to amend your Agent policy & ensure that McAfee HTTP is enabled in the repository listing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points