Today when i rebooted my system i got an error message as "Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'mcafee e-mail scan add-in' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an updfate is available.Do you want to disable this add-in?"
I m using McAfee VSE 8.8 with Microsoft Outlook 2010, So, please someone help me to resolve this Issue.
Please find the attached Error Message ScreenShot
Your problem seems like the attached KB article.
Have you checked this ?
I am having the exact same issue. I just updated all our systems (via ePO) from 8.7 to 8.8. Everything went fine except 3 of our 60 systems are having this issue. The solution mentioned above is not relevant as Outlook crashes and deselecting Show add-in user interface errors option in Outlook will not fix the issue. Patch 1 is installed.
Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Hemant, did you resolve this?
Message was edited by: dpynn on 4/30/12 11:09:47 AM CDT
We have users who have experienced the exact same issue and I am following this thread to find out if there is a resolution or if a ticket has been opened with support.
Do you see the issue when you disable Artimis from On deliver email scanner?
I have one system (that has been reported) that experienced this issue. The system is Win7 Enterprise 64-bit running: McAfee Agent (22.214.171.12435); VSE 8.8 Patch 2 (126.96.36.1995.Wrk); EE Agent (188.8.131.525); EEPC (184.108.40.2065); and HIPS (220.127.116.111). I looked in the Threat Events for this system and found a HIPS event that seems like it could be related to this error based upon the time I was notified and the timestamp of the event (identifying information omitted):
|Detecting Prod ID (deprecated):||HOSTIPS_8000|
|Detecting Product Name:||McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention|
|Detecting Product Version:||8.0.0|
|Threat Source Process Name:||C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE14\OUTLOOK.EXE|
|Threat Source URL:||file:///C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE14\OUTLOOK.EXE|
|Event Category:||Buffer Overflow|
|Event Description:||Host intrusion detected and handled|
|Caller Description||MICROSOFT OUTLOOK DATA FILE/ADDRESS BOOK SERVICE PROVIDER|
|Caller Distinguished Name||CN=MICROSOFT CORPORATION, OU=MOPR, O=MICROSOFT CORPORATION, L=REDMOND, S=WASHINGTON, C=US|
|Caller Organization Name||MICROSOFT CORPORATION|
|Executable file description||MICROSOFT OUTLOOK|
|Subject Distinguished Name||CN=MICROSOFT CORPORATION, OU=MOPR, O=MICROSOFT CORPORATION, L=REDMOND, S=WASHINGTON, C=US|
|Subject Organization Name||MICROSOFT CORPORATION|
Could this HIPS event be the cause of the error even though the Action Taken was Permitted?
Message was edited by: klsboiler on 10/18/12 7:30:23 AM CDT
Not sure this will help, but it won't hurt.
Try deleting Outlook's cache file, Extend.Dat.
del /f /s /q "%UserProfile%\Extend.Dat"
del /f /s /q "%UserProfile%\..\Extend.Dat"
del /f /s /q "%AllUsersProfile%\Extend.Dat"
Do this when Outlook is not open, and when logged in with access rights needed to delete these files.
When Outlook restarts, it should rebuild a new version of this file automatically.
I am wondering if Extend.dat has been corrupted.
Let us know if this helps.
Well, not sure but try what I suggested above. Won't hurt, but if you updated Outlook or VSE, the Outlook cache file could still have entries for the wrong add-in which should possibly not even exist within the cache. Delete the cache and allow Outlook to rebuild it and see if that helps.