Also please note that my date and time are correct and on my online account the Total Protection subscription is active (and also shows my 2 expired subscriptions)
having same problem. security center telling me i am not protected and when i view my account, it says i need to renew. would love to know how to remove the expired subscriptions.
See your other post
1 post enough thanks .
You can always contact customer support or technical setvices and ask them to fix it.
Sorry bshardman the other poster distracted me and I did not answer your post.
navigation is at the top right opf the security centre. I assume you have version 11?
The customer service or tech services links also maybe the best path for you as well.
There will be no Navigation option if McAfee showing as subscription Expired.
So you may please proceed with following seps,
- Open Internet Explorer and go to: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/mdm/en-us/mcsubdbrepair.asp.
- Click Download.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click SubDBFix.exe (for Windows 7 or Vista, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator).
- When requested, enter your McAfee account credentials
- Select the product suite installed on your computer.
- Click Next.
- When the tool completes, restart your computer.
- No open McAfee on your computer
- Navigation option will be visible now
- Click Navigation.
- Select General Settings and Alerts.
- Open the Access Protection drawer.
- Deselect the option Use Access Protection.
- Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.bak file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD:
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC\Cache
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC\Cache
- Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.dat file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC