1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 12:53 AM by Pritish

UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

Hello Mcafee

I am having an issue ocurring on WinXp x64 workstations. PC's are fully patched.

They are using SaaS 5.2.3 Patch 4.

I have uninstalled, ran the Mcafee cleanup tool and reinstalled. The error persists on each reboot.

This is the eventlog error:

Event Type: Error
      Event Source: Application Error
      Event Category: (100)
      Event ID: 1000
      Date: 2/04/2012
      Time: 10:02:43 PM
      User: N/A
      Computer: *Name|Removed*

Description:
      Faulting application UpdDlg.exe, version 5.2.3.150, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.5592, fault address 0x0001500a.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
      Data:
      0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
      0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
      0010: 75 72 65 20 20 55 70 64 ure Upd
      0018: 44 6c 67 2e 65 78 65 20 Dlg.exe
      0020: 35 2e 32 2e 33 2e 31 35 5.2.3.15
      0028: 30 20 69 6e 20 6d 73 76 0 in msv
      0030: 63 72 38 30 2e 64 6c 6c cr80.dll
      0038: 20 38 2e 30 2e 35 30 37 8.0.507
      0040: 32 37 2e 35 35 39 32 20 27.5592
      0048: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 at offse
      0050: 74 20 30 30 30 31 35 30 t 000150
      0058: 30 61 0a

• 1. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc
          Pritish

Dear digispar,

I have read your issue and I understand that you get upddlg.exe error.

To resolve this issue you are facing, you need to completely uninstall the McAfee software and run a complete windows update. If there are any critical update installs please do that and then reinstall the McAfee.

Please follow the given instructions to reinstall McAfee.

Steps for Uninstallation :

1. Log on to the security center from www.mcafeesaas.com

2. Click on the tab utilities-> select the sub tab Migration & Optimization.

3. Under the Cleanup Utility --> select the download option.

4. Download and save it to the desktop and run this exe to uninstall.

5. Delete all the entries from start-> select "Run" ->type "temp" and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

6.  Delete all the entries from start->select "Run" ->type "%temp%"and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

7. Reboot the computer.

After the above uninstall steps please run a complete windows update and install any critical updates. Uninstall any incompatible version of Microsoft .Net framework.

Then follow the belows teps for installation.

Steps for Installation :

1. Login to www.mcafeesaas.com with your login credentials.

2. Click on computers tab.

3. Select the computer name from which you uninstalled McAfee and delete it.

4. Close the security center.

After you have done all the above steps, please proceed with the below steps for the installation.

1.Open the webpage www.mcafeesaas.com

2.Click on log in and enter your email address and password and login

3.Under the tab dashboard, click on the install protection and select desktop protection.

4.click on next.

5.If you want to install McAfee on that computer you can install by selecting the first option.

6.select the following features which you want to be installed in your computer.

Virus and spyware protection service

Firewall protection service

Browser protection and web filtering service

7.click on click here to install.

8.Download the tops file and save it on your C drive and run it from there.

9.McAfee will be installed in your computer.

Please let me know if you have any other queries and I will be assisting you further.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 2. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

I'm experiencing the same error on Windows XP 64 Bit machines as well-

Upon Login I receive the error

"McAfee Sercurity-as-a-service

-McAfee Security-as-a-service encourted a problem and needed to close"

The Event Log -Application Log

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: (100)

Event ID: 1000

Date: 4/06/2012

Time: 11:41:55 PM

User: N/A

Computer: *Name|Removed*

Description:

Faulting application UpdDlg.exe, version 5.2.3.150, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.5592, fault address 0x0001500a.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The pc's are have a current Windows Updates.   I'm able to manual update McAfee by right clicking the toolbar Icon and selecting 'Update Now'

However, now upon Login the McAfee error is being accompanied by a drwtsn32.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application

• 3. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc
              Pritish

Hi dez,

Please follow the steps provided in the post above and let us know if that resolved the issue that you are facing.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 4. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

Thanks for the guide Pritish,

I followed it to the letter, except was unsure which version of .NET you were referring to as being incompatible?

After follwing all of your steps the errors persists:

Faulting application upddlg.exe, version 5.2.3.150, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.5592, fault address 0x0001500a.

• 5. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

Hi,

Please uninstall the McAfee Firewall protection Service alone from your computer and check whether the issue persists or not.

Please follow the below steps to uninstall the McAfee Firewall from your computer.

Click on start-->control panel-->Add/Remove programs--->Remove McAfee firewall.
                  Restart the computer.

Please update us the status so that we are glad to help you with this issue.

Regards

Geetha P

Message was edited by: gita on 4/19/12 2:26:56 PM CDT
                  • 6. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

We're using McAfee Security as a Service- See below

However I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and now have been free of the errors for 1 day.

McAfee errors.png

• 7. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc
                      zoli62

That occurred with me that did not have an Internet connection or broken.

• 8. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

The error is back after uninstalling the McAfee as a Service and reinstalling- It's again unable to update on it's own, but the update completes when ran manually.

• 9. Re: UpdDlg.exe error on Win XP x64 pc

Thanks Gita, however the Saas Anti virus and Spyware protection is the only component installed.

No Mcafee browser protection and no Mcafee firewall have been installed.

This definitely a problem with the 64 bit OS as all other 32 bit pcs on the network are not reporting this error.  I have 3 x 64 bit XP pc's all reporting the same error.

The offending pcs are unable to automatically update.

The pcs have all windows updates installed.

I have run through the uninstall/reinstall process as outlined by Pritish.

1 2 Previous Next