2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 9:12 PM by spectra

EEPC RefreshTool with SCCM

I have a customer who is attempting to upgrade its Windows XP systems to Windows 7.  The systems are encrypted with EEPC 6.1.1 PL2.

We have built the WinPE 3.0 wim with the EEPC filter drivers and registry keys per the documentation for the RefreshTool.  We can boot into the Windows PE environment and see the C: drive.

During the Apply OS task, quite a few files fail to get deleted.  I don't think it's particularly important which files fail to get deleted, as I can delete them in Windows XP before launching the task sequence, and different files fail to delete.  If I launch a command prompt in WinPE, I am unable to delete the files.  I've tried Unlocker, which helps some, but does not delete everything.

That's problem number 1.  I can provide a list of files if anyone thinks it's important.

I can move the undeletable files to the _SMSTaskSequence folder to get them out of the way.  If I do this, I encounter another error.

WIM error:C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-comdlg32.resources_31bf3856ad36 4e35_6.1.7600.16385_pt-br_48875666f652ed22. Permissions on the requested may be configured incorrectly.

Access is denied. (Error: 80070005; Source: Windows)     ApplyOperatingSystem 2/23/2012 11:56:52 AM  1596 (0x063C)

It's not an issue with permissions.  Over 1,000 files get created in the WinSXS folder before this one errors.  The folder it fails on is consistant for any given WIM.

I've found one other person who encountered a similar error:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/211797

If I decrypt the system, the task sequence works like a charm and I encounter none of these issues.

We have engaged both Microsoft Premier Support and McAfee Platinum Support, but have no resolution yet.  Any contributions from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicholas Jones, MCITP

Core Infrastructure Consultant

Sparkhound | Baton Rouge