Need helps om McAfee v8.5i + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.5.0i, and patch 7
The AutoUpdate has been failing in past 2 weeks. But I have no problems to update manually. I checked the log and found some errors:
..... 4/13/2009 5:44:51 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM File SK_det.mcs is corrupt. Downloading complete file again. 4/13/2009 5:44:53 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error occurred while verifying SK_det.mcs. 4/13/2009 5:44:53 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Verifying PUPDet.mcs. 4/13/2009 5:44:53 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Updates were not applied because the update process encountered an unknown error: SPAMSAFE1000. .....
Windows XP with SP3 Mcafee v8.5i Enterprise with AntiSpy.
I am pretty sure I have changed anything recently except some Windows Update.
I am pretty sure it has something to do with Microsoft Windows Update, especially with the .Net Framework v3.5 + SP1. I have 6 machines, only 2 got that problem, and only that 2 machines have .NET Framework 3.5 + SP1 installed.
I uninstalled and reinstalled v8.5i, now everything is back to normal.[/SIZE]