4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2012 4:05 PM by dieguits

Unable to log in to account.

I am unable to log into my McAfee account. As soon as I try to log in I get a message that my attempts have been exceeded and my account is locked. I've tried resetting the password but nothing works. It seems I can't access support unless I'm logged in either.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Unable to log in to account.
          exbrit

I assume you mean your online software account.  Call Customer Service direct and see if they can sort it out:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call us at 020 79490107.

Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes

Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

• 2. Re: Unable to log in to account.
            JaiPrakash

Hi,

If the Login attempt fails for more than 3 times there are chances the account will be locked, so even if you reset the password it will not work. Kindly check whether you have received any email from McAfee recently to reset the password, if so kindly reset it again and try logging into the McAfee Account. 

Message was edited by: JaiPrakash on 4/27/12 1:16:04 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: Unable to log in to account.

Thank you but that does not work. I've reset the password and attempted to log in many times only to be told after the first try that the account is locked. Honestly, I've pretty much given up on McAfee. It's been one irritation after another with this product.

• 4. Re: Unable to log in to account.

It looks as if your account has been locked, probably due to the number of login attempts failed. You have to call Customer Service Support. They will unlock it in a second.

Regards,

Diego