Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
9704 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 4:50 AM by Peacekeeper RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
photocal Newcomer 7 posts since
Mar 23, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 23, 2012 1:53 PM

Unable to install IS 2011 on Windows 7 PC

Hi and thanks in advance for any help. I'm a longtime McAfee customer but I"ve been unable to install Internet Security 2011.

I'm on a PC platform running Windows 7 with all automatic updates in place.

My subscription for AntiVirus Plus 2011 expired last month, and I own a separate 3-user subscription of Internet Security 2011 that has two more installs valid into June. I've been trying to get one of these to install (working both from a downloaded install file and from the CD) and no luck. I continually get the same error message (asking for more time due to "trouble" and suggesting my Java may be improper). I've done a Java update so that shouldn't be an issue.

Out of desperation I completely uninstalled my prior version of McAfee (since it wouldn't update anymore anyway) thinking that may clear the road to the new install, but the same problems persist. I could really use some advice.

Thank you!

Cal

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points