2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 10:11 AM by ugongetralphed

Query to Find Systems with Duplicate IP Address

Hemant Koli

Hello Everyone.

Is there any way to find systems with duplicate IP Address in McAfee ePO version 4.5.5(Build: 1188)?????...........

Actually i found many systems with duplicate Ip address in ePO & i want to create a query to find those........

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: Query to Find Systems with Duplicate IP Address
          Tristan

Do you use DHCP in your network environment, if so then this could easily happen?

- Machine A switches on picks up IP from DHCP and reports that IP to ePO and then switches off.

- Machine B switches on picks up same IP from DHCP as it's unused  (depends on DHCP lease expiries etc)

- Machine B report same IP to ePO.

As McAfee doesn't strictly use IP to deploy updates or manage the machine it doesn't really matter.

• 2. Re: Query to Find Systems with Duplicate IP Address

I agree with Tristan, however, if you still want to do it, you can do it like this:

Select New Query

Choose "System Management" on the left and "Managed Systems" on the right.  Click Next

Choose a "Single Group Summary Table" on the left.  For the Label, Choose "IP Address" from the Computer Properties section.  Click Next.

Choose your columns, click Next

No filter needed, click Run.

The results will not be the best because it will list all IP addresses on your network but it will have a count in the far right column.  Anything with a count greater than 1 will be systems with duplicated IP addresses.  Click on an IP address to drill down and see the systems.

For better results, you could run a query on the SQL server but this should give you the information needed.