3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2009 4:47 PM by gfasano

Netshield for NetWare Console

Hi

I have 11 servers (NW 6.5 SP7) with Netshield 4.63h installed.

Only one of the servers cannot be accessed through the 'Netshield for NetWare Console' on the client by its host name. I have to fill in the FQDN (servername.domain) to connect to Netshield on the server.

Hosts file and resolv.cfg on the server are correct.

If I ping the server by its host name from the workstation or server, everything is working. There are the A and PTR records built up, NSLOOKUP does find them perfectly and also all the other services can use the server by its host name.

Second problem is, that epo cannot update this server every night. It copies the DAT ZIP to the server but does not aktivate it.
      If I do it manually through the console next day (conntected by FQDN) its working fine.

I think both of my problems would be solved, if the server could be accessed by its name.

I put the server in the local hosts file on the workstation (XP Pro), but that does not help either.

Can you tell me where I have to look for, that also this server can be accessed only by its name?

Thanks in advance
      regards,
      gum
        • 1. RE: Netshield for NetWare Console
          Hi Gum,

your Netshield is OK ? I´m running the 4.63h version, with Netware 6.5 SP6, and the server always gives the message "out of memory". Does it happens to you ?

Thanks
          • 2. RE: Netshield for NetWare Console
            Hi Gfasano

After SP3 you had to set the memory management correctly, otherwise these error messages came up. If you change the memory as described in some TIDs and correctly for your environment, those error messages disappear.

Here two good ones:
            [URL="http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&exter nalId=3920657&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=48895581&stateId=0 0 48899150"]TID 3920657[/URL]
            [URL="http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&exter nalId=10096649&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=48895581&stateId=0 0 48899150"]TID 10096649[/URL]

By the way: The version 4.63h helps with the memory consumption of Netshield, which was bad before this release.

Hope this helps

@all

no one can help with my problem?
            • 3. RE: Netshield for NetWare Console
              Hi Gum,

thanks for your attention. I´ll make some tests and put here the results.

happy