3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 3:37 AM by johnsonchuang

Wipe command is not working in EMMPortal

johnsonchuang

Hi,

When I provisioned a mobile device (iPhone4, iPad2) via EMMPortal (https://{mycomplianceserverDNS}/emmportal). We tested to issue wipe command via EMMPortal as well. The target mobile device is not wipe immediately. When I login to EMM console, I saw a pending actions "Wipe" from the target device in Helpdesk. Did you guys experience the same case before? Thanks!

Screenshot in EMM console

PendingAction_Wipe.jpg

• 1. Re: Wipe command is not working in EMMPortal
          johnsonchuang

Hi all,

Finally the issue has been resolved after I click Query in EMM console. When user click wipe in EMMPortal, they need to notify administrator, click Query to complete the operation.

Below steps to wipe mobile device via EMM portal is not correct. I believe the correct steps should same as the following:

Steps Before:

Wipe a device from the EMM Portal

If you don't have access to the Helpdesk, you can wipe a device from the EMM Portal.

Task

1 Access the URL for the EMM Portal for your organization.

2 On the User Agreement screen, review the terms, then click Accept.

3 On the Login screen, enter your network user name, password, and domain, then click Log On.

4 On the Helpdesk screen, select the device you want to wipe.

5 Click Wipe.

Steps After:

Wipe a device from the EMM Portal

If you don't have access to the Helpdesk, you can wipe a device from the EMM Portal.

Task

1 Access the URL for the EMM Portal for your organization.

2 On the User Agreement screen, review the terms, then click Accept.

3 On the Login screen, enter your network user name, password, and domain, then click Log On.

4 On the Helpdesk screen, select the device you want to wipe.

5 Click Wipe.

6. Login to EMM Console

7. Click Query to begin "Pending Actions" (Wipe)

• 2. Re: Wipe command is not working in EMMPortal
            mat.kordell

That's not the correct function.  If the user uses the self service portal the device should wipe without an admin logging into the consol/helpdesk.  This is so that administrators can offload some of the administration to users and to ensure that devices can be wiped quickly if administrators are not available.

Sometimes phones can take as long as 15min (usually happens faster on apple devices) to wipe but it should happen without admin intervention.  From what you are describing I would say that you either have limited network connectivity on the phone or you have a problem with pushing to the device.  Do you have push notifications enabled for emm on that device?

• 3. Re: Wipe command is not working in EMMPortal
              johnsonchuang

Hi Mat,

I tested 2 devices with iOS 5.1 (9B176), also cannot immediately wipe. If I use iOS 4.3.5, the mobile device should immediately wipe. Thanks! I am going to ask our local McAfee support to answer this. Thanks again!