1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 1:56 AM by whgibbo

Emergency Boot - Disk Status: Recovery - not changing?

So I had a user interrupt the reboot process when migrating from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 (ignoring my LARGE BOLD text saying not to interrupt the reboot) and I did an emergency boot into windows, backed up the data, and all the guides are saying that the disk status will return to active on its own.

This laptop is sticking on Recovery status and keeps coming up with policy enforcement failed.

Here is a snippet from the log:

012-03-20 14:37:32,022 ERROR   EpoPlugin                            userHandler: OptIn user (i.e. non-default UBP user) [ACL\smckinley] has incomplete UBP (missing UBP/Ident) which is preventing activation.

2012-03-20 14:37:32,022 ERROR   EpoPlugin                            userHandler: OptIn user (i.e. non-default UBP user) [ACL\Administrator] has incomplete UBP (missing UBP/Ident) which is preventing activation.

2012-03-20 14:37:32,022 ERROR   EpoPlugin                            userHandler: failing policy enforcement: assigned OptIn user(s) (i.e. non-default UBP users) are missing UBPs/Idents for activation.

2012-03-20 14:37:32,022 INFO    EpoPlugin                            epoAudit: dispatching audits to AgentHandler

2012-03-20 14:37:32,037 INFO    EpoState                             == End of policy enforcement ==

2012-03-20 14:37:32,037 INFO    MfeEpeStatusService                  Policy enforcement has completed

2012-03-20 14:37:32,037 ERROR   MfeEpeStatusService                  Policy enforcement has failed

And I have searched this issue and all the KB's are saying that this can be bypassed by running the EE: Users query and disabing UBP on the user, tried that with no luck. I also tried moving the laptop to a new 'Test' subcontainer and setting the policy to decrypt the drive, and again get policy enforcement failed.

Am I missing something? I've gone through tons of user manuals, and tons of KB's, most of which say 'This is a known problem and this page will be updated when a fix comes out'.

I dont really want to leave this laptop where it has to be E-Booted every time it turns on just before it wont accept the UBP..

PLEASE HELP as soon as possible!!!!