3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 8:21 AM by Pritish

Problems uninstalling SaaS End Point 5.2.0

Hi there

We are having critical issues with Saas EP and went through the uninstallation process, but for what ever reason there are traces of it that I can uninstall.

Need your help and advice on what to do next.

thanks in advance

Carlos

MJM International

• 1. Re: Problems uninstalling SaaS End Point 5.2.0
          Pritish

Hi Cfrankling,

Please follow the below steps to uninstall the McAfee software completely.

1. Open the page www.mcafeeasap.com, click on login on the top right and sign in with your login details

2. From the tab utilities on the top and select the "Migration and Optimization" and then Download under the "Cleanup Tool Utility" and save it to the desktop and run this exe to uninstall.

3. Delete all the entries from start->Run->temp and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

4. Delete all the entries from start->Run->%temp% and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

5. Go to start->Run->regedit and the registry window will open in that click on file->export, under Range--> select "All" and save it to the desktop.

7. Then you will see HKEY-LOCALMACHINE ->software->delete McAfee

8. Then you will see HKEY-CURRENT USER ->software->delete McAfee

9. Reboot the computer.

Please check if the above steps helped you to uninstall the McAfee software completely.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 2. Re: Problems uninstalling SaaS End Point 5.2.0

Pritish, thank you for the response;

After proceding with your recomendation and executing all steps, I can still see 1 service (Site advisor) and 4 drivers. For the Site advisor service I just disabled it, but for the drivers I tried  manually uninstalling them but still show up after reboot.

Everything else it looks like the utility took care of it.

Any more suggestions, let me know

Carlos

• 3. Re: Problems uninstalling SaaS End Point 5.2.0
              Pritish

Hi Cfrankling,

I have read your post.

Please let us know what are all the files that are listed.

Let us know the name of the files and the locations if possible.

And, the browser protection can be removed from the "Control Panel -- Add/Remove software"

Regards

Pritish P.