5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 3:57 AM by ICHAPMAN

Problem to update DAT

I have the EPO agent 4.0 to 3.6 installed on machines with VSE850, some machines are in compliant because the DAT is not updated on some machines.
      For example the last update of the DAT is 5569.0000 and the machines are in compliant with the DAT 5527.0000.
      How do I resolve this problem, since all machines are with the firewall disabled and installed with the agent VSE850.

Thanks...
        • 1. RE: Problem to update DAT
          When machines won't update, we start by doing a couple different things..

1. We download the full Superdat (Scan engine and current DAT files in one package) from the link below, then install them manually on the computer.

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&seg ment=enterprise

2. We install the most recent patch for your version of VirusScan.. Currently, we're at Patch #8 on VS 8.5i.

3. We perform a full system scan using a secondary antispyware program such as Malwarebytes of SuperAntispyware.

4. Confirm the correct repository is listed in McAfee's settings and make sure the computer has correct permissions to access the repository.

Hope this helps.

Grif
          • 2. RE: Problem to update DAT
            Is there any option to force the DAT manually by the EPO on the server to distribute updates via the agent own without going from machine to machine?
            • 3. RE: Problem to update DAT
              jmaxwell

Yes - create a new ePO Agent Update Task and cigure it's settings and schedule entries to deploy the dat or superdat etc. that you need and then send an agent wake up call out to your clients systems to get them to pick up and run the new task.

Jim
              • 4. RE: Problem to update DAT
                ICHAPMAN
                Hi,

Had a similar problem with systems running McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 1. They wouldn't update from either the ePO or McAfee (Internet) servers.

ePO agent would show that it downloaded the patches, but would then fail to install them.

SuperDAT temporarily solved the problem - in that the clients updated to the DAT included with the SuperDAT - but then wouldn't installl any further patches.

Solution (having worked with McAfee) was to install Patch 2 for McAfee Agent 4.0.

Will have a better idea if this solution solved the problem early next week.

Regards

Iain
                • 5. RE: Problem to update DAT
                  ICHAPMAN
                  Hi Again,

1st day back following the Easter Bank Holidays (UK). All systems appear to have happily picked up the 4 DAT updates (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon) this morning.

As I said in the my previous post all we've done to resolve the issue with McAfee is deploy Patch 2 for McAfee Agent 4.0

Regards

Iain.