3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 2:51 PM by Peter M

Total Protection 2012 Confirmation

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that my McAfee Total Protection 2012 is actually Indeed Total Protection 2012 and Up to date by looking at the information i am providing of the screens of my "about" section.

I am only questioning this because when i had to renew my subscription under Total Protection 2011, It seemed that there was a problem initially and i had to contact the Live Chat Support as when I Purchased my updated Subscription For the Total Protection 2012 it was not "PUSHED" onto my McAfee Online Account which I had to ask them to update my Account Manually and they stated that they did so and also removed older Subscriptions that were Expired and some not even in use as I had McAfee Plus which came pre-installed in my other computers but I preferred the "Total Protection" Security Centers!!!

So with that being said and all, I am just currious and would like to know 100% with out a doubt that I have "McAfee Total Protection 2012" running on my computers and are all up to date with current engines and etc. It would be nice if it said "McAfeeTotal Protection 2012" upon startup or on the UI.

Also just currious if anyone has done a clean install of McAfee Total Protection 2012 and run the Virtual Tech. Tool and receive a missing registry item? I came across this every time durring installations in all my computers and just now recalling it. I will look to see if i can find the log regarding it and also place it in here...

Thanks Abunch!

• 1. Re: Total Protection 2012 Confirmation
          Peter M

It's actually Total Protection 2011 but that's not important.  What is important is your subscription which if valid when the software for 2012 is released, will guarantee that your installation upgrades automatically.   A reboot may be necessary at that time.

McAfee Marketing department decided on re-labelling products to the next year's version in advance of their actual release.  It's something we have repeatedly pointed out as a bad idea, but they argue that Norton et alia do the same, so for competitive reasons they also do it.

The 2012 product is still in beta testing and should be released pretty soon.

The missing registry item happens sometimes and isn't important.  If in doubt call Technical Support.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/03/12 9:33:29 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: Total Protection 2012 Confirmation
            racer_x

Peter,

You post is over a month old now, has there been any update when the Total Protection 2012 product will be pushed to existing TP 2011 users yet?  Specifically in the USA.

Thanks,

racer_x

• 3. Re: Total Protection 2012 Confirmation
              Peter M

No word I'm afraid...the beta is still active.