3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 5:20 AM by JoeBidgood

Framepkg_UPD.exe or Framepkg.exe

andy_judge

I'm trying to create a package to install the ePO agent via a 3rd party deployment solution that we can use across multiple ePO servers (clever script detects ePO server & pulls unique content as part of install) however we have an issue.

If I use the command Framepkg_Upd.exe /install=Agent   the install fails with 'The Specified Sitelist is Invalid. McAfee Agent Setup will not continue'  if I use Framepkg.exe  + same switches all runs fine.

Once the install completes the box is managed in ePO without issue

What is the difference between the 2 files ?

Reagards

Andy

• 1. Re: Framepkg_UPD.exe or Framepkg.exe
          hem

Framepkg_update. exe is the agent version for standalone VSE. Framepkg.exe is for ePO managed.

• 2. Re: Framepkg_UPD.exe or Framepkg.exe
            andy_judge

Excellent I'll get testing the script & hopefully all goes swimmingly.

Andy

• 3. Re: Framepkg_UPD.exe or Framepkg.exe
              JoeBidgood

hem wrote:

Framepkg_update. exe is the agent version for standalone VSE. Framepkg.exe is for ePO managed.

That's not strictly accurate

Framepkg.exe contains all the files required to install an agent in managed mode. If you run it on a machine that already has a managed agent on it, it will effectively replace the agent on the machine, causing the machine to communicate with whichever ePO server created the package.

Framepkg_upd.exe does not contain all the required files (which is why it fails when you try and give it the /install=agent switch.) Its purpose is to upgrade the agent on a machine without changing the machine's current status (managed or unmanaged) or its controlling server (assuming it's managed.)

HTH -

Joe

on 19/03/12 10:20:28 GMT