Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
4702 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 8:26 AM by HerbSmith RSS
HerbSmith Apprentice 92 posts since
Dec 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 15, 2012 10:24 AM

Transfer systems from ePO 4.5 to ePO 4.6

I have just put online my ePO 4.6 server.  Now I need to move all the endpoints from the current ePO 4.5 server.   I want to migrate rather than upgrade so I can leave behind all the old junk accumlated in the ePO 4.5 system.

I have gotten the transfer systems function to work with help from McAfee support.   However it appears that when you transfer a system all information unique to the individual system is lost.  Specifically any entries in Description is lost.  All manually assigned tags are lost.   All policy and task assignments that are made directly to the object are lost.

I exported all tags from the ePO 4.5 system and imported them into the 4.6 system.  So the same tags exist in both places.

All of the policies in the ePO 4.5 system have been exported and then imported into the ePO 4.6 system so the same policies with the same names exist in both places

The old ePO 4.5 server has also been registered with the new ePO 4.6 server.  Thus the ePO 4.6 server has access into the database on the old ePO 4.5 server.

If either the tags could be preserved or the policy assignments kept it would save me a done of work, and probably a lot mistakes and angry users.

Should I expect to be losing all this information, or have I missed something?

Thanks

Herb Smith

• Lakshmanan Sathyamoorthy Champion 308 posts since
    May 16, 2011
    2. Mar 16, 2012 1:20 AM (in response to HerbSmith)
    Re: Transfer systems from ePO 4.5 to ePO 4.6

Hi hebsmidth,

If all the workstations do you wants to communicate the new ePO server ? just export the system details from server and add the systems to the new ePO server and deploy the agent now all the workstation will communicate the New ePO server.

Regards,

Lakshmanan S

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    3. Mar 16, 2012 4:13 AM (in response to HerbSmith)
    Re: Transfer systems from ePO 4.5 to ePO 4.6

Hi HerbSmith, what I did once was exporting al system tree from old ePO server to the new one.

Then I transferred all systems (or just a little group if you want to make some tests) from old server to new one. The first thing you will see is that these computers will disappear from your old server and should appear under the new server after its next agent-to-server communication.

But as this didn't work sometimes then I waited for the computers to disappear from old server and sent a wakeup call to all these computers from the new ePO server (because you already imported the system tree and so you're able to send a wakeup call even if they are not managed)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points